Friday, October 24, 2008

Biographical Entry




Welcome to my blog!

My name is April, but for the sake of alliteration I used my middle name for the title of this blog. I was originally born in Galveston, Texas and lived there for a few years until my family moved to SW Virginia. After graduating from high school, I went to a small, liberal arts college in Kentucky and received a Bachelors degree in Communication. During my junior year of college, I traveled to Sunderland, England to study abroad and gather more experience in the fields of television, film, and radio broadcasting and production. While I was there, I started to love traveling and traveled throughout England and into other contries: Edinburgh, Scotland; Paris, France; and Madrid, Valencia, and Barcelona, Spain. I rode the longest roller coaster, went to the largest mall, and in between I gathered a sense of spirituality that was stiffened when living in the South.

Along with my love of travel, I also love to read; communicate with people from a variety of beliefs, geographical locations, and other differences since I believe we can learn something new from one another; martial arts (black belt in Kempo); comedies/action-adventure films and shows; listen to music; and writing. My former employment was working as the student supervisor of a techonology sector within my college. We utilized traditional and new media for all sorts of projects and assisted in teaching students, faculty, and staff in how to incorporate different types of media. I would love to have a career in media/broadcasting, though advertising and public relations would be interesting as well.

No comments: